Due to the rapidly changing situation, please check this section for the most recent information.
The grounds have remained open throughout the COVID-19 lockdown and current times are from 7 until dusk (our gate times are 4.30 at the moment which is slightly earlier due to work being carried out to remove the GlasGLOW lightshow)
We have received many kind notes and comments from people who have used the Gardens during the lockdown and vistors say they appreciate the work carried out by staff to keep the Gardens clean, safe and well maintained. Thank you all, and we will pass all messages onto the appropriate teams.
The Gardens, grounds and glasshouses are all free to visit. They are managed and maintained by Glasgow City Council.
To enable visitors to engage with the glasshouse collections the display glasshouses.
- The Kibble Palace is open from 12 noon until 16.00
- The Main Range is open from 13.00 until 16.00
- Due to the move to Tier 4 Coronavirus restrictions the Glasshouses will close on Friday 20th November and not reopen until December 12th 2020
Until then Pre booking is not required but there are one way systems in place.
You must wear a face coverings and respect social distancing guidelines.(exemption cards accepted)
- The public toilets are open and will remain open during Tier 4, but there are restrictions on operating times.
- The Tea Room at the Botanics reopened on the 16th September and are currently open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Operating hours are 11am till 4pm for the tea rooms.
- Due to the move to Tier 4 Coronavirus restrictions the Tearooms will close on Friday 20th November at 4pm. The Tea Room staff would like to thank all their loyal customers for the many kind comments of support. We will update this section when future operating hours are arranged.
- Our volunteer programme is still suspended until Phase 4 of the Scottish Government’s Route Map and our waiting list is now full
Thank you and stay safe.